In this show we talked about common injuries, especially seen among those who start physical activity or restart physical activity after a prolonged break.
We talked about overuse injuries, tennis/golfer’s elbow, tendonitis, Achilles tendon problems and plantar fasciitis.
How to minimize your risk of injury?
- Vary your routine
- Warm up
- Avoid static stretching, be very careful about stretching in general – dynamic stretches are much better for you: here is a link to some dynamic stretches for running
- Get the right kit (such as appropriate sneakers for running), ideally go a specialist running store such as Running Room
- Start small and set yourself a number of achievable small goals
- Use a run-walk program such as Couch to 5k
- Build your volume slowly, by no more than 10% a week